Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

graffic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007
Howdy

Heres my problem with iTunes -

Everytime i try and burn a disc, I am greeted with this message:

itunesuh0.jpg

Even though I'm burning 63MB onto a 700MB CD-R disc.

Ive also trailed through google looking for answers, and found that there is meant to be a 'burn' option in the top right hand corner, when the button on mine is in the bottom right. I'm basically just an amateur on iTunes, help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Ovs

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2006
If you create a Data CD you can store for example 700MB of files.
But you're creating an Audio CD. CDs burnt as Audio CD will play on audio cd players. The problem is these work by minutes of storage rather than the amount(MB) of data. 80mins is usually the limit for audio CDs.

I've not burnt a CD for a while, but if I remember correctly, iTunes should have a visual indicator at the bottom of the window, showing how many minutes are being taken up by the files you wish to burn.

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
But you're creating an Audio CD. CDs burnt as Audio CD will play on audio cd players. The problem is these work by minutes of storage rather than the amount(MB) of data. 80mins is usually the limit for audio CDs.

I've not burnt a CD for a while, but if I remember correctly, iTunes should have a visual indicator at the bottom of the window, showing how many minutes are being taken up by the files you wish to burn.

Yes, and to swap from burning an audio CD to a data CD (assuming that's what you want to do), you go to Edit> Preferences, and change the options in the Burning section of the Advanced tab. On an audio CD, you'll only get an album's worth of music - probably about 10-15 tracks, which size-wise is probably only about 40 MB.

graffic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah, thats why I'm baffled because my tracklist is 47.7 minutes long

Even when I cut the track list down to 3 songs the message still comes up

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK

Well if you've got some spare blanks, why not try burning an audio CD and see what you end up with? See how many of you tracks it thinks will fit on the first CD?

graffic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007
The CD's work fine on other types of software, I just want to know why the indigneneous iTunes is not working

Ovs

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2006

Maybe, if you haven't already, try a different brand of CDR? Just to make sure.

But I notice you say it's fine with other software. That's a strange one. I really don't know what could be causing the problem with iTunes. Hopefully someone else who has had a similar problem will find this thread and offer some advice.

jamesclrk

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2007

But I notice you say it's fine with other software. That's a strange one. I really don't know what could be causing the problem with iTunes. Hopefully someone else who has had a similar problem will find this thread and offer some advice.
Thanks a lot ,i need it too.

I have the same question, Okay thanks

graffic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.