iTunes problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nickcp, Sep 19, 2007.

1. nickcp macrumors newbie

Hi there,

So I'm trying to transfer these mp3s from a cd that are in English characters in My Computer, but when I transfer them to my iPod with iTunes, it makes them all a bunch of indistinguishable characters.

Does anybody know how to correct this?

Thanks a lot. :)

Here's a snapshot I took to give you guys more of an idea. Ignore the Playlist characters as they're supposed to be like that (Greek letters.)

[​IMG]

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

I have analyzed your screen cap and believe I have isolated the issue. I have circled what I believe to be the problem below:

[​IMG]

Here I have outlined what I believe to be the easiest fix:

[​IMG]

:p

Seriously, it looks like a unicode problem. I see a lot of right-clicking and changing of artist & title tags in your future.

3. Shorties macrumors 6502a

You sir win a cookie :D, while genuis completly unhelpful to this poor persons problem.

4. Southern macrumors regular

Southern

Hehe nicely done.

Sounds like a languages/fonts issue. Check fontbook and also see if greek is supported on the iPod otherwise you end up with garbage lettering. Only thing I can think of I'm afraid!

EDIT: actually the post about changing to OSX might have some truth to it - WinXP is terrible at foreign language character support whereas OSX installs it all by default. Get your WinXP CD and go about installing further languages.

5. macneos macrumors newbie

Well... Any fix for that ?

Attached Files: