iTunes problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Poker-face, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Poker-face macrumors newbie

i have a problem with iTunes..some songs just can't be played.. i can see them on i tunes but when i wan to play them it shows nothing,like i didn't do anything... any help with this?? thank you

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

What version of iTunes? Have you also updated QuickTime? Right click on one of the affected tracks, Get Info on it, and look in the Summary tab to see what kind of file it is, and whether iTunes is able to say where the file is or the path to the said file. Compare the Summary tab of the affected file with another song you know works just fine. See what the differences are and post back.

3. Poker-face thread starter macrumors newbie

it's all the same except that in those songs which can't be played there are no right part where "Format,Channels,ID3 Tag, and Encoded With:" are (if you understand what I'm saying)

thank you

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If you right click one of the songs and select "Show in Finder" or "Show in Windows Explorer", does it bring up a window with the file? If it does, try to open that file in QuickTime Player. If it doesn't play in QuickTime Player, there's probably something wrong or busted with the file. If it plays in QuickTime but not in iTunes your guess is as good as mine :)