iTunes problems with Colors in Cover Arts!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by umbilical, Jun 26, 2010.

1. umbilical macrumors 6502a

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

So? It's a graphical representation of an album cover; nothing more. iTunes is not designed or intended to be a display mechanism for museum-quality artwork. What difference does it make if the colors aren't perfect?

3. B Gallagher macrumors regular

The album art down the bottom left will be the album art for track 5. The art showing up the top will be for the whole album. There will be a discrepancy between them (in other words, one or more tracks will have different album art to the rest).

Right click > Get Info... > Artwork for each track, and check. At least one of them should have the different (higher contrast?) artwork shown up the top.

4. umbilical thread starter macrumors 6502a

its important, I myself scan and create high quality cover arts... Im designer... is a digital life...

the cover art is for all album! that the problem! in the bottom looks different to the top, believe me is a problem in a new itunes, in the top have more contrast! and saturation... apple need correct that, same! colors for all kind of view in the cover arts!

5. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Artwork is a big feature in iTunes, and there is certainly no reason why the same app should display the same image in 2 different ways.

This is actually an old niggle I've had with iTunes that has kind of been half fixed. Before, the whole of iTunes displayed artwork differently than rest of OS X, like in the finder or preview. Now the artwork from the bottom left of iTunes is on par with the rest of OS X, but coverflow has yet to be rectified.

6. umbilical thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks Jolly, so Im right! the bottom left and cover flow are different... apple need fix that!

other thing that I see "Set Default Grid Artwork" dont work in the new itunes... I put again and again and dont hold the covert art that I select.

so 2 issues of new itunes!