iTunes problems with Safari on PC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cindynjgirl79, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

installed safari on the pc we own, after the new update. got rid of it because it's not working. then when on to iTunes and i get a message that says

"runtime error! program: C\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. please contact the application's support team for more info."

just call Apple? or did this happen to anyone else with the new update with safari?

2. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

I didn't get that message, but for some reason, my iTunes install got corrupted after I installed Safari. I just reinstalled iTunes and everything worked fine. :confused:

3. Cindynjgirl79 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

yeah but will that get rid of all of my music on iTunes?

4. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

Thats probably because there is something wrong already with your machine.:) Tell us what your PC is running exactly? I mean MS version and computer model? Good lord! This is what Apple is up against!!!

5. Cindynjgirl79 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

of course there is something wrong with the machine it's a pc! ha ha ha

it's running windows XP, it's a compaq presario. oh that hurt to say.

it's the family computer and when anything goes wrong i have to fix it. i have a MB and as soon a i get the money it will be replaced by an iMac.

6. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

Lol! You got alot to put up with.:) What have you done to troubleshoot this?

7. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Reinstalling the programm does not change the music files. You should be fine. :)

8. Cindynjgirl79 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

just really uninstalled safari. besides that nothing because i have never see the error message before

9. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

Maybe Safari is a secret virus for windows! Lol!! It is a Beta though. I would stay with what works for now.

10. Cindynjgirl79 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

ok well that didn't help. anyone else?

11. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Have you tried re-installing iTunes and Quicktime? If that doesn't help, try performing a system restore to a time before you installed Safari.

12. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Sorry, didn't get a chance to answer back earlier. No, reinstalling itunes wont get rid of your music, the itunes folder that holds the music will be untouched, as long as you don't erase that folder.

13. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

I have a presario running xp, I am a avid user of Mac, Windows and Linux. Most people always talk bad about compaq, and they are by no means the best in the world, I have owned at least 10 for various uses (mostly business terminals) and from what I have seen, it is mostly operator error problems in windows.

14. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Sorry, the folder the holds your music by the way, if you have not changed it would be:
    My Music----> iTunes----> iTunes Music

As long as you don't erase that when you reinstall, you music will be fine. You do backup that folder, don't you?

15. Cindynjgirl79 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

i tried everything but the only thing that worked was the system restore. thanks for all the help. now if i can just get safari on the pc to work life will be good:)