Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toonz diggler

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
t freezes on me, and lately i try to add howard stern shows(5 hrs long-mpeg layer3-audio),

and it doesnt always accept it. When it does, it only plays 20 secs of it

i know MAC are suppose to be virus free, but does any1 have some virus protection i can DL or some advice?

thanks

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Open the file in Audacity and export it as a WAV then reimport it into iTunes, then have iTunes convert it to MP3 or AAC. More than likely the file's header is screwed up, and Apple products are very strict at deciphering those headers.

TEG

toonz diggler

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
Open the file in Audacity and export it as a WAV then reimport it into iTunes, then have iTunes convert it to MP3 or AAC. More than likely the file's header is screwed up, and Apple products are very strict at deciphering those headers.

TEG

it plays on itunes with no problem, it doesnt play correctly on my Itouch

j.bond312

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2008
Why would you think your mac have a virus if it runs fine in itunes, surely its a problem with your ipod.

Ive had the same problem a while ago, some of my songs played for a random amount of time then would just stop. It hasnt done it at all recently, i firstly simply deleted them and then sync'd them back onto my ipod, that worked for a while, then i decided to just restore the ipod fully, update to the latest firmware and it works fine now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.