iTunes Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 204467, Sep 6, 2008.

1. 204467 macrumors 6502a

Well, when I came back to my computer after a few hours of it being in sleep, I couldn't open any programs, so I restarted it and reset the PRAM (is that what happens when you hit Command-Option-P-R at startup?) Anyway, when it turned back on, everything was fine, except for a problem in iTunes. I can't drag any song out of the windows, either by itself, in a group, or from the album artwork and put it in the playlist pane. It just won't move. What happened? I know it worked before, is there a way to fix this?

P.S. 10 awesome points for the first person to tell me what this quote is from:

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, I'm sorry. You want rights now. You want freedoms. Right now. Is it time? Is it freedom o'clock?"

2. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

HAHAHA sorry I don't know the answer but that is funny sounds like a Monthy Python sketch.

Edit: It is from Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008) spoken by Ron Fox, Did a bit of research:p.

3. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

10 points for you, sir, but can you answer my question?

4. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

5. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, but I just got this computer. I didn't think I would have to do that already. Besides, how do you do that on a Mac? Do I have to run the OS X install disc or something?

6. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Just drag the iTunes.app icon from Applications Folder to trash > empty trash remove iTunes from dock > then to reinstall apple.com/itunes > download > double click installer > installs > open it and see if it works then do what you do (Leave it on sleep? Which I advise against for long hours of day) and see if it works then.

7. hngo4619 macrumors newbie

Shouldn't you uninstall it from the Programs and Files or whatever it is? When you just delete it and empty the recycle bin that just messes everything up since there are still other shortcuts and the memory stored in iTunes is still in the computer. All your doing is deleting a shortcut icon to iTunes and deleting the recycle bin. That usually messes the program up.

8. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Here's something else weird. The problem only exists every so often. It was working earlier tonight, but now it's not. Does it have anything to do with me having the computer in sleep?

9. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

This isn't Windows:mad: & I think your in the wrong forum:eek:.

Edit: All you post here have all been referenced back to Windows so I really do think you have come to the wrong forum as this is for Mac's not crappy windows.

Could do but I never let my Mac sleep (It's either on or off, mostly on) s I can't give a definite answer.

10. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

While I appreciate the help, lay off of hngo4619 for using Windows. There's nothing wrong with that, I only got this iMac and stopped using Windows about a week ago. Don't criticize him/her for using an OS you don't like.

EDIT: I don't normally do this except for milestone posts, but this is my 444th post. Cool.

11. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

I put my Mac to sleep overnight and for most of the day when I'm at work. I haven't seen the problem you describe, so it's unlikely to be solely because you put it to sleep.

12. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Wasn't because I don't like it, it is because he gives the Windows solution not the Mac solution and that wasn't the first time neither.

13. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, but you didn't have to sound so malevolent. He/she was just trying to help and was just a little misinformed. There was no need to bitch him/her out for suggesting how to fix it in Windows, it was a simple mistake of his/hers.

14. hngo4619 macrumors newbie

What are you talking about it not being the first time? This is the first time that I've referenced anything to a WIndows or Mac. And, I didn't realize that the poster was talking about a Mac since in the first post, they didn't say what computer they had. God, I don't go around calling Mac's crappy and criticizing them even though I use Windows. Both computer systems have their good and bad points so if you're going to have negative thoughts and comments about either of them, then keep them to yourselves since other people *GASP! Is it possible?* enjoy Windows and other operating systems besides Macs. I was trying to be helpful, okay? Also, even if I use a Windows computer, why can't I post on this forum? I have an iPod and I use iTune, both of which are threads discussed on this forum. Also, I have used a Mac many times in the past and I'm familiar with several of its components and features.