iTunes protection issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yukon8170, Jun 16, 2008.

1. yukon8170 macrumors member

I seem to be having certain issues with my iTunes software. I have a friend who keeps updating his iPod with my music from iTunes. It is causing massive problems for my library organization and he refuses to stop listening to me when I say not to update his iPod. Is there anyway I can password protect the songs in my library or the iTunes music folder itself to keep this from happening. I'm trying not to password protect the entire computer, but will move to that if necessary. Does anyone have a fresh ideas on how I can combat this freeloading friend? Any help or comments are appreciated, Thanks.

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

How does it mess up your iTunes library to have him update the iPod? This sounds confusing to me.

3. yukon8170 thread starter macrumors member

It was confusing to me also. My computer did not used to have issues like this. Songs will have unneeded metadata, and playtimes will change (instead of a song starting at 0.00, it will have 1:25 as the start time). Because these instances would only happen after his iPod was plugged in, I think that this is the culprit. It is a very big hassle changing the times back, and i am looking for anything that can make my library more secure.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Short of password-protecting your machine (which you really ought to do anyways) I don't think there's a way to do what you're asking.

5. yukon8170 thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks for your help, I am planning on password protecting it.

If anyone else has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.