Itunes pruchase on my new mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bl3s5in, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Bl3s5in macrumors newbie

I purchased an album using my itunes store account on this MacBook a couple of months back. Sadly the hard drive died on this machine so I had to replace and it and reinstall tiger. Itunes is recognizing this MacBook as a new machine which is understandable, however I would like to download that album again because it says I can on up to 5 of my macs. When I log into my itunes store account on this machine and go to the album it is asking me to buy it again. How do I get this album back?

2. migulic macrumors member

Unfortunately, AFAIK, you cannot re-download iTunes purchases. It might be possible with third-party software, but not that I know of. If you have an iPod, you should be able to transfer them from there (if you can't do that using just iTunes, use Senuti: http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/).

3. Bl3s5in thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, no iPod. Well I guess I'm out 15$, thanks a lot Apple.

4. apthai macrumors member

I've had this happen to me in the past before. All I did was emailed Apple support and within a day or two they let me re-download all my purchases again.

So I would suggest you to contact Apple.

5. MacHipster macrumors 6502

It's not Apple's fault you didn't back up your data. Take it as a lesson learned.