iTunes Purchase slowly disappear?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dieseltwitch, May 25, 2015.

1. dieseltwitch macrumors regular

I don't know if Im crazy or just old... ( 31 :confused: ) but it seams my movie purchase seam to slowly disappear... is there some time limit on purchase I'm un aware of? I've started backing up to a 2TB ext drive.

2. jdogg836 macrumors regular

jdogg836

The only thing that I can think of is that Apple and iTunes lost the rights to some of your titles. Purchased titles are yours to keep, so download them and back them up. If you depend on them being there to redownload in the future, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

3. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

For app, things can be a little bit different.
    If app developer refuse to renew their paid account, their app will go offline from app store, and you are unable to search those apps any longer.
    So, I think, if producer refuse to pay to Apple, their contents will be removed from iTunes store.

4. dieseltwitch thread starter macrumors regular

Didn't think about that. But even some things That I know apple has highly promoted like he the new Star Trek Movies. I know i bought both but a few months later I went back and couldn't find the first one... WTF!!! ?

5. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Star trek? Oh. I want to see that. Looks like I need to find another way to download it.

Yes. Apple does those things completely from their thought. I think they are arr****ant.

6. mgroot macrumors regular

mgroot

I've had something similar happen where the movies disappeared from within iTunes' My Movies tab but if I went into the store itself inside iTunes and then to Purchases they were showing up.. So first check if you see them there.

Apple support gave me that tip when I was chatting to them to figure out how to get the movies back, it's a bit cumbersome but at least you can see if they are still connected to your account. Support did some jiggery pokery with my account and the movies reappeared in iTunes after a restart of it and a check for downloads

7. RedOrchestra Suspended

Happens in iBooks, a lot.