iTunes purchase transfer while traveling

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by andrewstretch, Jan 20, 2011.

1. andrewstretch macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I am currently traveling with my iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3G. I do not have my computer with me.
    I have made purchases through the AppStore over wifi connection with my iPhone. Since my iPod touch is registered through the same iTunes account, is there any way I can transfer the purchases to that device as well? Or will the AppStore allow me to install it for free on my touch after entering my password for iTunes, even though it was purchased on my iPhone?
    Since when at home, I purchase an item on my phone, transfer it to my computer, then to my touch, I figure this should be able to be done without the computer...
    Anyone experienced this dilemma?
    Thanks

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

If they are on the same account then apps can be downloaded again for free. You will be advised of this after you click the dollar amount to purchase again and enter your password. This is only true for apps. Purchases from the iTunes store will be billed each times they are downloaded.

3. andrewstretch thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks a lot. It worked!