Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lisecnz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2010
Australia
Hi everyone, sorry for the long winded title.

Problem: bought a ringtone on itunes, instead of itunes saving this into the ringtone library, it saved it to my purchased folder.

This means that I can't chose the ringtone on my iPhone, because it isn't recognised as a ringtone... I cannot find a thing on what the issue is.

I bought the ringtone from itunes, so why isn't it in my ringtones library?

HELP! very frustrated :eek:

Happy Holidays
Lise

aereuter

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2010
Same thing here too

I've gone back and forth with iTunes "Report a Problem" link and get nothing but double-talk. Now they won't even respond.

I think it's a bug because in the past I was able to buy a ringtone and have it appear in my ringtone folder.

One of the support persons told me I had to buy ringtones from iTunes store using my iphone to have ringtones on the iPhone. That didn't work either.

I'm sure this is a bug, but they don't want to admit it yet.

Is your iTunes on a PC or a MAC. Every once in a while a new version messes up the PC iTunes store, but not the Mac.

I'm going to keep complaining to Apple. I'll post here if I get a straight answer. :mad:

lewiske

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2010
Ringtone not working

I had the same issue. When my phone was syncing, I clicked on "ringtones" at the top along the top. I found my ringtone and it was unchecked. I never did that. So I checked it, hit apply, and it was put on my phone so I could use it, and it's fine now. So make sure it is checked! Itunes must have done it on it's own for some reason.

BTasende

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2011
iPhone Ringtones - Not for iPhone 4 Users!

Bought an iPhone 4, got tired of the relatively few ringtones on it and decided I would spend a moment and select one I liked. Fast-forward weeks later....after writing to Apple, getting a response that in essence told me they had decided to do away with this option for iPhone 4 (why? who decided? why would they decide iPhone 4 users wouldn't want this option? retarded in a major way), I am given the opportunity to purchase an app that will help me create ringtones.

Looking for answers (tutorials on Youtube, etc), including one that seemed very helpful (while in iTunes, go to View, then View Source, click Ringtones and viola!), I find out I don't even have the Ringtones option in my view source. Nothing to click, nada. It was suggested that I update my iTunes. I tried, though I already knew I had the latest update. Again, nada.

It is unimaginable to me that a company that designs and develops a phone that is so intuitive to use, with so much potential, would for any reason whatsoever decide that second generation users of this phone would not want to assign their own ringtones. Recently I was in a trade show with nearly 60,000 visitors over a 4-day period. I am not exaggerating when I tell you I could hear the same ringtones over and over and over. How ridiculous.

After my second attempt at getting satisfaction from Apple customer service, I never heard from them again.

Is there someone out there who can address this Ringtone question? How can an iPhone 4 user assign their own ringtones? Nevermind that Apple wants me to buy them for 99cents when I already own the whole song and yet I still can't use it on my phone....

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Is there someone out there who can address this Ringtone question? How can an iPhone 4 user assign their own ringtones? Nevermind that Apple wants me to buy them for 99cents when I already own the whole song and yet I still can't use it on my phone....
Making ringtones is actually very simple...iPhone Ringtones

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.