Itunes Quality Control

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dmm219, May 1, 2009.

1. dmm219 macrumors 6502

Has anybody else noticed how poor Apple's QC in the Itunes store has gotten lately? Especially for TV shows and Movies?

I have personally found at least 5 series in HD, that do not show up in the HD section. Likewise, there are at least 3 shows IN the HD section, that are NOT actually offered in HD.

They remove shows for no reason, for 2-3 days, and then make them available again. The messed up the sequencing and numbering of episodes. The offer HD podcasts on their ATV Itunes store, that will not play on an ATV. They claim 480p is HD quality (BSG). The have season passes that cost up to 50% more than buying the shows individually (I will personally, never buy a season pass again, as I have been ripped off twice).

This is really going to become a major problem as more people come to the Itunes store for their video content. Whoever runs the Itunes store needs to be shown the door...

2. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Quality control for apple went out the door in 2007. There is no way any apple employee even turned on those POS iPod Classics/3G Nanos when they were announced.

Only took them 6 months to fix them too.

As for iTunes, well I've learned never to be a early adapter. One of the 7.x updates deleted my 5th gen iPod because there was some glitch in it that would cause it to sync for 15 minutes when you first hooked it up.

Apparently with the latest iTunes there are shuffle issues.

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I have purchased almost 2000 TV show episodes in iTunes and have had only one minor problem with below.

I did notice last week when several show seasons did disappear for several days then came back. Also, when the new season of Ghost Hunters was released, they offered the HD season for a day, then pulled it before the first episode was even posyed. I had to get a refund so I could buy the SD version. They never did come up with the HD season.

I do think that Apple does an excellent job handling the enormous amount of content that they do offer. I do all of my TV viewing by what I get through iTunes.

4. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I have only had one issue with anything that I have ever bought from iTunes. The issue was not really with iTunes. I was overseas with an extremely poor internet connection and the download timed out on me. I was charged but it never fully downloaded. I contacted iTunes about it and I was refunded in a few days.

How many times do you walk into a store one day and come back again at a later time and they move stuff around or stop selling what ever merchandise it is that you are looking for. I know it is slightly different. I think that sometimes changes are due to the record companies or various studios making changes or making price changes rather than iTunes make a choice to change things up.

Just my opinion, but there are a lot of outside influences that affect any marketplace.