iTunes Question about buying album after buying a single

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by SnackeyG, Nov 18, 2014.

1. SnackeyG macrumors newbie

Sorry I don't know where to put this. I see no iTunes section.

Anyway. I bought RL Grime's "Core-Single" awhile back. Now today I bought the actual album with this song on it called "Void." Now my problem is I can't get the song "Core" to be downloaded and attached to the "Void" album. It will only let me have it be separated and under the single album.

Any tips? I'm guessing I'm SOL unless I contact iTunes support and force them to make it so it thinks I own the song under the Void album.

2. bushido Suspended

bushido

why dont you just rename the meta information within itunes? just change it to the album name, track number and maybe artist name and it should automatically jump to the album at the right position

3. TheMTtakeover macrumors 6502

TheMTtakeover

Just go into to iTunes select the song and then cmd-I. As long as all of the metadata matches it will move it all into one album.

4. crashoverride77, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014

crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

That's normal since iTunes treats it as different albums, which they are.
    Did you buy the whole album VOID or just a specific song in it? You have the song "Core" in the new VOID album I presume. So if you buy/bought the whole VOID album just hide the CORE single album from your iTunes purchases if you do not want duplicates.
    Otherwise do what the above posters suggested as you cannot attach the single to the album in icloud unless you actually download them and than change the metadata.
    iTunes will however give you the "complete my album" option which is nice. I bought singles before and than got the full album for the reduced price.

5. SnackeyG thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean in iCloud it doesn't say I own this song under the Void album. Only the single. I'll get in contact with iTunes. The way purchases are downloaded now is irritating.