itunes question about TV shows

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Antrieb, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Antrieb macrumors newbie

So I have a Season of Family guy downloaded and I put the shows into a playlist but when I sync up my itouch the videos don't show up on my touch. Help?

2. Antrieb thread starter macrumors newbie

3. ShanePod macrumors member

not sure if your talking about you actually downloading them from itunes or downloaded elsewhere > uploaded to itunes > made a playlist > synced the playlist to your ipod.

They way that took me forever how to do it right was just put make a folder with the name of your show in your case Family Guy and place all the episodes into that folder then open itunes > connect your ipod > click once where it says TV Shows > and then drag the Family Guy folder into opened TV Show Section.

Hope that helps and works i've only ever done it with South Park once.

4. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

Uhm...I don't really understand where you got the season either. I'll give you the best adivce I can though.
    If you downloaded the season from iTunes, it's quite simple to get it on your iPod. Connect via USB > Check "Manually Manage Music and Videos" Box under the iPod main page > Drag and drop the episode(s) you want on your iPod to the iPod section in the iTunes sidebar.

If you bought a season on DVD, it's a bit more difficult. Your going to need a DVD ripper such as AoA. When you rip it, your probably going to have to convert it to a format the the iPod accepts, e.g. MPEG-4. It might take a while and isn't 100% guaranteed because the FPS might be too high or some other random factor will be off.

Easiest way is to download from iTunes. I highly suggest that.

Hope that helped!