Itunes question from a new mac user

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacnApple, Feb 28, 2008.

1. MacnApple macrumors newbie

So i just bought a new MBP and I got my account set up on Itunes and everything. I put in an amex $25 gift card as my credit card and started buying music. However, I have bought way over $25 of music and when I log on to the amex site to check my balance it only shows that I have used $1. I started purchasing music last night so it can't be that there is a delay.

What gives? Any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated.

2. pothen macrumors newbie

maybe you got lucky... free music, get 1 or 2 more songs, see if it deducts from account.

3. MacnApple thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe

Is there any way I could get charged for this. I don't want to have a $500 bill from apple because once they finally realized it I had one hog wild.

4. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

I don't think the card balance is updated that quickly. I know that iTunes charges in bulk whenever I start buying stuff.

What's probably going to happen is that the card will be maxed out and your account will have a negative balance on it that you will eventually have to pay. Meaning that if you ever buy an iTunes card and credit your account, it will automatically charge the negative balance to it.

5. MacnApple thread starter macrumors newbie

6. honeycrisp macrumors regular

Ha! No fair!