Itunes question. Look

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Nadasive, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Nadasive macrumors 6502

I'm just wondering, is there a app (via installer) that let's you download free songs in the itouch iTunes??

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Yes, tap the "iTunes" icon on the SpringBoard and download one of the Free Singles of the Week.

3. boramora macrumors member

boramora

Haha the "Free Singles of the Week" are usually random unknown artists and they're usually pretty bad... :confused:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you need an iTunes account before you can download anything from the iTunes store, even if it's free.

4. Mr Bean macrumors newbie

Correct me if "I'M Wrong" but if he/she has an iPhone/iPod Touch that would mean the DO have an iTunes account?

5. boramora macrumors member

boramora

I never said he/she didn't have an iTunes account. But I DO know that in order to download anything off of the iTunes store you will need an account. Just merely using iTunes for an iPod doesn't mean they will have purchased music/videos off of the iTunes store. You can use iTunes with your iPod with just personal CD's and music from friends. :)

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Firstly dont tell me what to do. (That's a joke. J/K)
    And its an iPod touch
    You NEED an itunes account (if your ipod breaks, it helps, so they can associate an e-mail woth a product), regardless of wether you get songs off of itunes, but as of not, there is no way to get free songs on the iPod touch, LEGALY. (any song you want that it, and not just the free ones.)

7. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

You don't NEED an iTunes account to use your iPod touch with iTunes... you simply just need iTunes. An iTunes Store account is different... you need to provide a credit card in order to sign up and you also need an iTunes account to download free content. There are other ways of getting free music... just check out myspace.com and a lot of artists host their singles for free!

8. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Ahh, but you are wrong. You don't need a credit card for an iTunes account.

9. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Correct, if you have a giftcard, just click redeem and then add all your info.

10. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

When you're signing up for iTunes, it requires you to enter a credit card, but then you can delete it once you're finished signing up. I suppose if you have a gift card, then you can enter that.

11. aethelbert macrumors 601

No it doesn't. I signed up without a credit card and I just use store credit.

12. Nadasive thread starter macrumors 6502

13. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Though, you could make an app to do such (within legal boundries of course) and I am shure that many people would appriciate it.

14. imachack macrumors newbie

Yeh there is

WAtch ipodtouchmasters video on his site ipodtouchmaster.com or on youtube type in mp3 dowload ipod touch how to. It lets u download music off seeqpod.com. Just type in that and u can download files from safari