iTunes question: Relocated to another country

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by 199708, Oct 1, 2010.

1. 199708 macrumors 6502

I'm being relocated from Tokyo to Shanghai later this year. I've spent a lot of money on apps for my phone and ipad.
    Whats the deal here?
    -How do i move over my purchases to a chinese address/credit card when I get one without losing the ability to keep them up to date.
    -What happens with the apps that are only available on the Japanese store?

Would love to hear from others in the same situation who has moved overseas :eek:

2. davwin macrumors regular

There is no IP check on iTunes so you will retain all your existing purchases and the ability to update them. For the new address, I would recommend setting up a new account instead of "moving" the old account. You can have up to 5 accounts per computer and you simply log in/log out of whichever account you want to purchase on or update with. It works the same on your iOS devices too: you just log in/out of the account you want and you get the app store or itunes catalog for that region. This way you can take advantage of the freebies for each region or deals of the week for both stores and still pull apps, movies, music - whatever from the original account in case they aren't available in the Shanghai store and vice versa.