iTunes Question / Scenario

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dakrisht, Sep 21, 2012.

1. dakrisht macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I have two questions regarding iTunes and syncing up data (music + photos) with an iOS device (iPhone 4S > 5)

Currently - I "Manually Manage" music in my iTunes library. Syncing was just a pain in the rear and it's so much easier for me to Drag playlists into the iPhone as well as albums, tracks into the device as well. I have well over 100+ playlists and 20GB of music on my 4S.

1) When I get my new device - What's the best way to get all my playlists + music to the new iPhone 5? I really would hate to manually have to create playlist again. Is my only option to manually drag playlists from the Playlists column on the machine into the device?

Photos

I have 5,500 photos which I backup manually using Image Capture into a local folder on my desktop. I don't use iPhoto since I'm not a big fan of the program.

1) How do I get my 2,000 items in Camera Roll on the 4S to the new 5 -and- how do I get the remaining photos in Photo Library to the 5's photo library.

Thanks in advance

2. dakrisht thread starter macrumors newbie

Great insight, thanks for the help. Figured this one out myself.

No way to transfer Playlists manually from Device > Device.

Have to manually Export each playlist into a Folder, then Import each Playlist into iTunes Library, then Sync up new iPhone 5 with iTunes library to get the playlist.

So STUPID that iTunes doesn't let you Export/Import multiple playlists at once.