iTunes question - the track's remaining time

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jon08, Mar 15, 2009.

1. jon08 macrumors 65816

Ok so when you open iTunes and play a song, there's this long yellow square on top, which shows the song name and whatnot as well as the track's elapsed time on the left and the remaining time on the right.

If you click on the remaining time, it will switch to track's total length, which is my preferred option. However, as soon as I close iTunes with the red (x) in the upper left corner, the track's total length on the right of the yellow square will get reset back to the track's remaining time.

Why?:confused: Is there a way to make it stay one way - for example, displaying the track's total length?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

With my iTunes the method you mentioned worked perfectly.

I clicked on the remaining time, it showed me the duration of the song, I clicked the red button (which only closes the window, not iTunes, my song even played through the no-window-era), and then used the Menu > Windows > iTunes to view my window again, and it still showed me the duration of the song.

I have iTunes 8.0.2 btw.

PS: Even after quitting the application (Cmd + Q) and reopening it, it still shows me the duration of the song. Do you have any iTunes hacks installed?

3. jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Nah.. I have a regular version of it. But I have v. 8.1 tho...which is the latest, I believe.

Weird tho...

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It's an iTunes 8.1 issue as it seems, as I just have installed the update, and now the remaining time thingie doesn't work for me either.