Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleTVQuestion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
Hi, I just had a quick question about iTunes... it seems that since I downloaded the latest version of iTunes (this never used to happen so I'm assuming that this is the reason), iTunes rearranges all my tv shows whenever I watch them. What I mean is, I have all my tv shows sorted into folders on my external hard drive; first the series, then in that folder there's a folder for each of the seasons. So I will add an episode to my iTunes from the folder External Harddrive/How I Met Your Mother/Season 1/01 - Pilot.m4v, for example. But then I noticed that every time I actually watch a show on itunes, the file gets moved to the series folder, i.e External Harddrive/How I Met Your Mother/01-Pilot.m4v. This is really annoying, as it makes it very tough to distinguish between the different seasons when going through my hard drive. Why does this keep happening, and is there any way to make it stop?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.