iTunes Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AnthonyCM, Sep 30, 2011.

1. AnthonyCM macrumors regular

Okay, I make a rookie error. I bought my mother a new iPad, and downloaded iTunes onto her husband's computer.

I noticed that iTunes took the videos on his computer and put them into iTunes. I deleted them out, since I didn't know if they would want them there or on the iPad.

Now, here's the question: When I deleted them out of iTunes, they'll still remained on the computer in the original file folder, right (this is a PC)?

2. DeaconGTG macrumors member

I believe Apple just copies the files and moves them into your iTunes media folder (not certain on PCs though). So the originals should be where they were before.

But worst case scenario, the movies are in the recyle bin.

3. skyton macrumors 6502

I think it depends on how the prefs are setup in iTunes - probably worth checking

4. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

I had the same thing happen to me with my father's iPad, only it was my videos from my computer.

If iTunes is setup to MOVE videos, then they might be gone, if iTunes is setup to COPY, then they are still in the original folder.

You can leave videos in iTunes and configure the sync to not sync videos or only sync selected videos.

5. rwwest7 macrumors regular

Don't try to make iTunes do what you want or what it says it will do. It's designed to do whatever it wants and not give a crap about what you the owner wants. I have my iPad set to sync nothing, I have "manually manage music and video" checked. The next day I plug it in and try to drag a video onto to it.....it does me the favor of unchecking manually manage videos and then checks the Sync videos button...also forces me to transfer every single thing over to my computer before putting my 1 measly video onto the iPad.