iPad Itunes question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by heisenberg123, Jul 10, 2013.

1. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

My friend has an apple ID that she created with a itunes gift card to avoid using a credit card, it always worked for downloading free apps, she is not 100% sure the balance left on the account but now even free apps are not working untill she updates the billing info on account?

is the a min balance you need to carry even for free apps? did app store change policy forcing everyone to add a credit card to the account?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Its possible that an app was purchased with insouciant funds on the gift card and now you have a balance due, when that happens your account is frozen until it is paid. This includes free apps and even updating current apps.

This happened to me once, I ordered a new card from my bank and forgot to update the info on iTunes so my account was frozen until I entered the correct exp date.

Thats one possibility because a card does not have to be on file for you to have an Apple ID, my nephew has an iPod touch and I let him download all the free games he wants because his Apple ID does not have a credit card attached to it.

Best thing to do is just buy a new gift card and apply the balance.

3. heisenberg123 thread starter macrumors 603

heisenberg123

she now just remembers changing her password recently, even though its not saying wrong password would that have an effect?

all i suggested to her was try and log in with her computer on iTunes and see if she just has to reconfim her account details

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If its asking for her to update the billing info, then its not related to the password.

Have her log onto iTunes and have her check her billing info and she what it tells her, then proceed from there.

5. heisenberg123 thread starter macrumors 603

heisenberg123

solved

if anyone else has this problem just make sure you have an address filled in even if the credit card type is NONE