iTunes question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Welpurstud, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Welpurstud macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I'm new to Apple computers, (just bought my macbook pro a couple days ago) and had a question or two about iTunes and music management.

I have a huge music library (100gb+), and the way I organized it previously was through Media Monkey. Seeing that there isn't a Mac counterpart for MM, I'm hoping I can switch to iTunes once and for all. Before I do this however, I wanted to check with you guys on the one downfall of iTunes in my eyes.

Whenever I would edit a track's metadata through Media Monkey, say for instance the year, genre, or title, it would automatically change the actual file as well. It wouldn't change the filename, but if I right clicked on the mp3 file and looked at it's info, it's artist, title, genre, etc. would be exactly the same.

Is there a way to do this in iTunes? Or a workaround? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

What makes you think iTunes is not doing this?

3. Welpurstud thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh wow, I guess it does. Please delete this thread. Sorry for this and thanks for your help!

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Just edit the initial post and change the prefix to Resolved (I think you need to go to advanced edit mode) :)