Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kengineer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Hello All,

I am a former PC user, and am accustomed to using Music Matchbox for my music application. I recently made a switch from a Dell and a 1G iPod and now have a new 20" iMac and 5G iPod to play with! On Matchbox I was able to create multiple music libraries for me, my girlfriend and my roommate, who all have different iPods and capacities. Since my iTunes music library is around 40 GB it is causing a problem with the 20 GB and 10 GB models. Is mulitple libraries possible on iTunes? I would like to have three separate libraries, each having it's own song choices but all accessing the same music pool. So far I have been limited to creating two playlists for the smaller iPods. Thanks ahead of time for the info!

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
While ive not tried it, could you not just put the music collection into a shared folder, that can be accessed by each account? That way you can have your separate iTunes libraries and only add the tracks you need to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.