iTunes Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by danthemanuno2, Jun 29, 2007.

1. danthemanuno2 macrumors newbie

Hey I am just curious if there is a program that would allow me to remove the DRM from both music and videos purchased via the iTunes Store. I have created a new iTunes Store account thus preventing me from listening to music and watching movies that I have previously purchased. So if anyone knows of a program or any way of removing the DRM restrictions that does not involve burning countless cd's that would be great.

Thanks.

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Do you remember the password for the old iTunes account? iTunes will normally allow you to have more than one account's songs authorized.

If you forgot it, you can retrieve it using https://iforgot.apple.com

3. danthemanuno2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do, but the old account is authorized on too many cpu's. So I really need a way to remove the DRM coding from these files.

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Okay, so then all you really need is to deauthorize some of the computers you aren't using? You can go ahead and do that on the other machines. If you no longer have those machines, see this Apple document.

This playlist article walks through the process step by step (you log into your old account, go into your account info, and deauth all the computers from there, then start over; you can do this once a year).

Failing that, you can use this form to contact the iTunes store support people to get the situation straightened out.

If the issue is simply that you don't want music with DRM, don't buy music with DRM.