iTunes question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by glitchu1, Sep 15, 2007.

1. glitchu1 macrumors member

Hi, so I have ordered my 16gb iPod touch and in preparation im putting all my music into itunes and as you know coverflow if on all the new ipods which looks cool so i wanted to get album art on all my albums. So can some one help me? my problem is, when i import an album like a movie OST, it makes about 3 or 4 separate covers in coverflow, each with the same cover art...so how do i make them show up under just 1 cover? i tried selecting all the songs and going 'edit info' and selected 'yes' where it asks if the cd is a compilation one.

any help would be great, thanks
    Chris

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Make sure the Album Artist (not the Artist) is the same for all tracks on the album. Usually for a soundtrack i set album artist to "Soundtrack"

3. glitchu1 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I tried that and it kind of worked...well turned 4 albums in cover flow into 3...

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

What column do you have your music sorted by?

Edit: Actually, it shouldn't matter. See picture. It doesn't matter what column I sort by it only shows up as one picture in coverflow.

Attached Files:

5. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

This is how to fix it:

Select all the songs in the OST, get info, hit 'Part of Compilation' in bottom left. That'll take care of it.

6. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

He said he already did that

7. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I see. Then something else is the problem. Album Artist perhaps? After that, there is a miscellaneous info bit filled in that is mixing everything up. Disc Number perhaps?

8. glitchu1 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, problems solved! It kept taking off the tick when i selected 'yes' for compilation. I also added group and called it the same and retyped the album name just to be sure. thanks for the help