iTunes Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bizarrefun, Oct 25, 2007.

1. bizarrefun macrumors newbie

I am in a silly situation of my own doing. I recently moved all my music from my PC to my mac, by just basically copying it in a new folder.

I then went to iTunes Preferences -> Advanced and unchecked option for "Copy files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to library". The reason I did this was 'cos I wanted to keep only single copy of music and that too in the folder I originally copied from my PC.

I then spent hours and hours organizing my music (which was long due) i.e. adding tags, updating album artwork etc etc. in iTunes. All this time I was under impression that iTunes will update my original file names along with tag information. But nopes it didn't..... so I have all the information correct in iTunes, but the original mp3 never got updated. iTunes does have a logical link to the original file and plays it well, but I wanted to automatically correct the song files.

Now I have chosen to check the option for "Copy files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to library"..... and for all my future clean up, I am letting iTunes create a copy; once clean up is done, I go and delete the original files.

My qundary now is that I spent hours fixing up about 1500 songs, and the orginal files never got corrected and iTunes doesn't have its copy for it. Does anybody know how can I push these changes to orginal files OR impot files in iTunes for the these corrected songs?

Thanks in advance.

~biz

2. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

3. bizarrefun thread starter macrumors newbie

Well pardon my naivety , but S.O.L. !!!!!

So is it a Lost cause........ nothing can't be done???