iTunes Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bizarrefun, Oct 25, 2007.

1. bizarrefun macrumors newbie

Oct 25, 2007
    I am in a silly situation of my own doing. I recently moved all my music from my PC to my mac, by just basically copying it in a new folder.

I then went to iTunes Preferences -> Advanced and unchecked option for "Copy files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to library". The reason I did this was 'cos I wanted to keep only single copy of music and that too in the folder I originally copied from my PC.

I then spent hours and hours organizing my music (which was long due) i.e. adding tags, updating album artwork etc etc. in iTunes. All this time I was under impression that iTunes will update my original file names along with tag information. But nopes it didn't..... so I have all the information correct in iTunes, but the original mp3 never got updated. iTunes does have a logical link to the original file and plays it well, but I wanted to automatically correct the song files.

Now I have chosen to check the option for "Copy files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to library"..... and for all my future clean up, I am letting iTunes create a copy; once clean up is done, I go and delete the original files.

My qundary now is that I spent hours fixing up about 1500 songs, and the orginal files never got corrected and iTunes doesn't have its copy for it. Does anybody know how can I push these changes to orginal files OR impot files in iTunes for the these corrected songs?

Thanks in advance.

2. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

Dec 12, 2005
    Eagle Mountain, UT
  3. bizarrefun thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 25, 2007
    Well pardon my naivety , but S.O.L. !!!!!

So is it a Lost cause........ nothing can't be done???