iTunes Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by XxCH3AT3RxX, Nov 23, 2007.

1. XxCH3AT3RxX macrumors regular

I have a quick question. My brother owns a older iPod nano 2GB. I am getting a 80GB classic for XMas, I was wondering how I can set up iTunes so I can have my music and movies seperate from his Music. Will it recognize my iPod from his?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

iTunes will work with multiple iPods, I have 3 ipods that I regularly connect to iTunes.

If you want separate music collections you have two choices, two user accounts on the mac, or a single account with two iTunes libraries. If you hold the option key when you launch iTunes you'll be given the option to select which library to use or to create a new library.

3. XxCH3AT3RxX thread starter macrumors regular

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Everything I said still holds, although clearly it's a different key as windows doesn't have an Option key, it might be the Ctrl or Alt key instead.

5. XxCH3AT3RxX thread starter macrumors regular

Okay.

And the current iPod Classic 80GB that is listed on Apple.com what Generation is that? 5 or 5.5G? I do not know how to find out. I just want to know what the current generation is for the classic.

6. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

It's generation 1 of the ipod classic, although i guess it might also be generation 6 of the ipod