iTunes Question -

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by elgrecomac, Feb 25, 2009.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

If I purchase a movie on iTunes, it loads into my movie section of iTunes and I can load it onto my iphone.

Now Since I own the movie, can I move the movie to my wife's version of itunes (residing on a difference computer) so she can load it and watch it on her iphone?

the only work around is see for this it to buy the DVD at a store, and use something like DVD-to-iPhone to make a copy...

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Well, I know that the Fairplay copy protection, as it applies to music, allows you to authorize up to 5 computers on any iTunes account. Assuming that movies use the same implementation (which I can't guarantee, but seems likely), authorizing your wife's computer on your iTunes account (if you even have separate ones--my family doesn't) would allow you to do exactly what you want.

3. Norouzi macrumors 6502

This is correct, as long as the computer you put it on is authorized to play content you've purchased you can watch it on that computer and move it to an iPod or iPhone linked to that computer. My wife has her own iTunes account but her iBook is authorized to play content I've purchased and she can play all the TV shows I've downloaded and put them on her iPod.

4. elgrecomac thread starter macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Sounding like a broken record...but

this board is a terrific source of helpful people and great info.

Thank you one and all.
    :):cool: