itunes questions NEED HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bcw723, Jun 18, 2007.

1. bcw723 macrumors newbie

hey guys,

so i just got myself a macbook and i want the songs that are on my old windows pc on my new macbook. So i shared the songs so i can see them on my macbook but it wont let me copy them into the library or save them on this computer. i have like 8000 songs so im not burning these on a disc cause it would take forever.

so how can i get the songs off my old pc to my new macbook.

also,

my ipod is in pc format and i noticed that in itunes it can only update it when its mac formatted. so how can i change the format of it.

thanks in advance for the help.

ill check back in a few minutes.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

do you have an external drive, if you do you can drag the library onto it and move it between the computers.

3. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Welcome to MacRumors!

You can use that sweet iPod of yours to transfer your music. Follow the steps here:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300173

Note: The article shows you how to copy the entire library, which will likely not fit on your iPod unless you have a 60 or 80GB iPod. You can open your iTunes Music folder and copy half at a time if needed.

After you've backed up with your iPod, you will want to 'restore' your iPod in iTunes to format it for Mac. You'll see a lot faster transfer speeds.

4. bcw723 thread starter macrumors newbie

jjj

i think i have one lying around somewhere but is there another way to do this?

thanks.

5. bcw723 thread starter macrumors newbie

gg

o sorry i posted that like at the same time the guy b4 posted so im jus seeing it now...

ill try that and im about shure thatll work.

ill check backwen my bro gets off the old comp so i can do it.

thanks. :)