ITunes Radio completely ignoring likes and dislikes?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Schtibbie, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Schtibbie macrumors 6502

It appears that my custom iTunes Radio stations are almost completely ignoring the bands I have selected as like and never-play. The stations are sort of playing the right genre (sort of) but no matter how I remove bands, add bands, block bands - it is playing the same dozen or so songs from what seems to be some stuff Apple is trying to push (like Imagine Dragons) rather than any of the bands I have picked!

Is anyone having GOOD experiences with it? Is it perhaps a problem with a certain percentage of accounts or stations?

2. alent1234 macrumors 603

how long are you waiting?

with pandora i've read it would take two days for your likes/dislikes to be reflected on your stations

3. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I listen for no more than 15-20 min at a time, but it seems to be doing as well as pandora in terms of likes/dislikes and serving up the type of music I want on each station.

The only thing I don't like is that when you search for a song/artist to use to start a station or add to an existing one, it only gives like 5 search results. So if I'm looking for some obscure song or artists often I can't find them.

4. dcp10 macrumors 6502

How do select not to play by band? I only see it by song.

5. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Hit Edit on the radio tab and select your station. You will see more options.

6. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I'm surprised there's not a dedicated thread (place to complain) for iRadio. I listen to the iTunes Alternative Top 100 all day and they're definitely not playing 100 unique songs on there.