iTunes Radio is absolutely unacceptable

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by ihatephish, Sep 22, 2013.

1. ihatephish macrumors regular

and horrendous.

Not sure if this applies to "popular" music or not, but for real music like the grateful dead, phish, panic, etc, it's unlistenable. ZERO live music. Terrible artist choices. I'm just shocked and disappointed I guess.

I've even tried to continue to use it and "personalize" it, but no luck.

----------

This is my ONLY complaint about iOS 7, btw.

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I tried to test it today several times and it can't connect to the server...awful release

3. ErikGrim macrumors 68030

ErikGrim

Successful troll is successful. :cool:

4. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I was instantly disappointed/unimpressed. I simply tried their Beatles Radio. 8-9 songs in and not a single song by any Beatle whatsoever, just songs by other artists that were also performed or written by the Beatles. None of my other attempts were very good either. Made me be really happy to be a Pandora customer. I also subscribe to Rdio, which its fantastic.

5. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

Seems to work here, even with Pandora or Spotify channels I only get a song from the specific Artist on their channel every so often.

If I want to here nothing but that artist I go to iTunes and download an album, if I want to hear similar music to someone I like I use iRadio.

6. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

As an aside.....Phish is considered "real music" by someone with a handle named ihatephish?

7. ChrisMc73 macrumors member

ChrisMc73

And what about the sound quality? It sucks. I don't know what they are streaming it in, but its really bad. I thought something was wrong with my headphones, but then I switched back over to Rdio and listened to the same song, and it was 100% louder, ok, maybe 85.6% louder, but still LOUD.

Is there a way to fix the sound quality?

8. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

How odd. On the Mac, iTunes Radio streaming audio quality is amazing. Some have conjectured that Apple is streaming AAP... perhaps it's different on the iPhone? Maybe it uses higher compression in low-bandwidth situations?

9. Alrescha macrumors 68020

I agree. I'm starting to suspect that some of the negative posters are owners of Pandora stock. :)

A.

10. ChrisMc73 macrumors member

ChrisMc73

That's what I'm listening to iTunes Radio on, my MacBook Pro, and it's horrid compared to the Rdio quality. I haven't compared on the mobile apps yet. I love the iTunes Radio, if it sounded better I could drop Rdio, maybe, and I hardly use Pandora. I want to use iTunes Radio more if it only sounded better!

11. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

I continue to get numerous repeats. For example, from today. Notice the four song sequence of Sit Yourself Down-Suite Judy Blue Eyes-Suite Judy Blue Eyes-Sit Yourself Down.

Attached Files:

12. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

iTunes Radio has been working fine for me.

only issue i have is when i tap on " dont play this song again" it comes back -.- on the same radio station.

13. Alrescha macrumors 68020

As far as I am concerned they are sending me tracks identical to those on the iTunes store. I do have issues with iTunes Radio, but sound quality isn't one of them.

A.

14. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I use the excellent shareware Audio Hiijack Pro on iTunes Radio's "Trance" radio station. It sounds better than most streaming radios stations I have found over the years.

15. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I tried the Beatles channel and after about 6-7 songs, the first Beatle song repeated. I really haven't listened to it since. I still prefer SiriusXM.

16. pMad macrumors regular

I too am getting numerous repeats.

In order:
    Wilco - you never know
    World Party - way down now
    Wilco - you never know
    Echo & the Bunnymen - Lips Like Sugar
    Replacements - can't hardly wait
    World Party - way down now

17. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

iTunes Radio is absolutely awesome.

Really getting into the nitty gritty of the service and finding all the features and details.

LOVE it. :apple:

Take a look at my recent posts about repeats. I'm getting almost no repeats.

18. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Is it capable to give you details of the artist? Like Pandora does?

19. Julien, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Click Show in iTunes store to see full info.

EDIT: Sorry this is for Mavericks. For iOS click the red circled i (top center) and then hit the 3 red lines (next to price) to see the Store info.