Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamcp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
New York
I thought iTunes Radio was only live once iOS7 came around, but I am listening to Bob Marley singing to me right now on the Radio button of iTunes. I had never seen any "stations" available when I previously clicked the Radio button in iTunes. Is this something different?

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
I thought iTunes Radio was only live once iOS7 came around, but I am listening to Bob Marley singing to me right now on the Radio button of iTunes. I had never seen any "stations" available when I previously clicked the Radio button in iTunes. Is this something different?

You're probably using the Internet 'Radio' feature which has been in iTunes for a while. It's been renamed to Internet in the newest version of iTunes for Mavericks.

adamcp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
New York
You're probably using the Internet 'Radio' feature which has been in iTunes for a while. It's been renamed to Internet in the newest version of iTunes for Mavericks.

Oh. Thanks. I had never seen any "streams" available when I had clicked on that button before. The music genres all were empty. At least I thought so. But I am sure you are right and that is what I am listening to. An unexpected treat to play with today as we wait for Tuesday! :)

JohnLT13

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2012
Boston (aka Red Sox Nation)

Ive been using iTunes radio from the release of beta 1.

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Yes, I just don't have iOS7 (of any beta) yet, so I wondered what it was that I was listening to. I have it clarified now.

The Internet 'Radio' button is missing in Mavericks DP7, but I think it'll be re-added soon. ^^

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
I still prefer Pandora. I don't like my music edited.

Does that mean explicit edits?
iluDT7Q.png

If you mean just generally cut short, I would agree.

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
I mean edited for offensive content, your pic looks like a screen shot from OSX. Im talking iTunes radio on IOS7.
Unless I'm missing something

Is this what you're talking about?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1378645810.271395.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1378645810.271395.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 77
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.