iTunes Radio Issues

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by TriWinning, Sep 17, 2013.

1. TriWinning, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013

TriWinning macrumors newbie

In both the Mavericks iTunes Beta and iOS 7 gm I can't rate any iTunes Radio songs.

In iTunes the option to rate a song is completely removed, leaving only the option to add to your wish list, and on iOS 7 the options to rate a song are greyed out.

Is this effecting anyone else?

EDIT:

Pictures

iOS 7
    [​IMG]

Mavericks
    [​IMG]

2. Jakimo macrumors 6502

iOS 7 has always worked fine for me.

Are you logged into the iTunes Store? Maybe that makes a difference?

3. TriWinning thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help! I'm definitely all logged in. The fact it's effecting both iTunes and iOS makes me skeptical that it's an Apple issue.

4. Jakimo macrumors 6502

Try logging out of iTunes everywhere, then logging back in. This triggers a refresh of sorts that has fixed issues for me in the past.

Also, what country are you in?

5. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

I've been using it on my iPad since last Tuesday, and had no issues until this evening (it was 6:30pm EST when I noticed it), when apparently some Apple services went down. Both SIRI and iTunes Radio wouldn't work. Later, both started to work with some hiccups, but when it worked, iTunes Radio has always allowed me to rate it; and now it's working again.

I can even rate songs with SIRI: "Play more like this" or "Never Play this song again" or "Skip" or "Add to iTunes wish list". :D

6. TriWinning thread starter macrumors newbie

Update:

I've been admittedly a little silly about how i've gone about this. I've now realized that my ratings don't work only in the "iTunes Top 100" channels. Although that's an issue of it's own, it's definitely not as pressing as having all ratings not work.

Could anyone confirm this? Thanks for your help Jakimo and Iceman.

7. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

You guys are only having problems with ratings? My iTunes Radio stations won't play at all. It's been saying iTunes Radio is temporarily unavailable since 2pm and it's 12am now. Anyone having this same problem?

8. TriWinning thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine's playing fine, and the Apple server page isn't reporting anything. Have you tried rebooting, turning on and off wifi, logging in and out of itunes, and all that jazz? Usually solves most of my problems.

9. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

Tried everything you've said, still a no go. I guess I'll have to go up apple later today. It's weird nobody else is having this issue

10. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if it doesn't work yet because my iTunes account isn't a developers account and the software isn't out yet officially?

11. MetalMatt24 macrumors regular

MetalMatt24

I say play Metallica and it freaking plays kid rock......really? wtf! :rolleyes: