iTunes Radio link not working?!?! (Desktop client)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CtotheP, Sep 19, 2013.

1. CtotheP macrumors regular

Anyone else experiencing this? I updated to 11.1 and see the link on the iTunes store front page (Windows XP Desktop client) but when I click the link nothing happens.

Thoughts?

2. DRSAreBest macrumors newbie

I'm having a sorta similar issue.....I get an error dialogue box when I try to start iTunes Radio from my desktop. It's working fine from my iPhone. Is this something that can only be accessed from a single device? Or (since we have several accounts associated with our desktop iTunes) is this a single-user feature?

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

The link doesn't work for me either. Also, I don't have a "Radio" tab anymore in my Music library (see attached image).

P.S. I'm on Mac OS X 10.8.5 and using iTunes 11.1b44

Attached Files:

4. philfry macrumors regular

You need to install the official 11.1. iTunes Radio has been disabled in the beta. I realized this myself this morning.

5. HobeSoundDarryl, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 603

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    I've got a different problem. It's working for me on my iMac but one of the "stations" played about 9 or 10 songs and then stopped playing. Now it won't play any more songs. I shut down iTunes, reopen, click it's play button and it will show me the Nissan ad (is anyone else doing video ads on iRadio?) but no music. It's like it ran out of songs to play after just 10.

The "station" is "'60s British Invasion" in discovery mode. About 70% of the songs it played in that 10 were songs I already owned (I would think "discovery" would be playing similar songs NOT already in my local library). And, of course, it offered to sell me all 10 songs even though I already own 7 of them.

All of the other "My stations" will play just fine but I haven't tried to play 10 songs in a row with them yet. Is there some quota on how many songs someone can play on any "My Station"?

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Oh man, thanks for the tip!