iTunes Radio - so many repeats

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by whsbuss, May 2, 2014.

1. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I have a few artists (smooth jazz genre) that continue to repeat tracks/songs. When is Apple gonna get their act together are provide a competitive radio service. Its the reason I don't subscribe to iTunes Match, but Spotify is just too expensive.

2. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I have this happen a lot as well. I have one station that I listen to that almost always starts out with 1 out of five of the same songs every time. Skipping tracks is pretty much guaranteed to start playing a song I already skipped two skips ago.

I do have my devices jailbroken and have the unlimited skips mod installed so I can skip tracks all day.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Are you guys tuning the stations? By default it just plays hits.

4. impaler macrumors 6502

iTunes Match is VERY repetitive.

5. whsbuss thread starter macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Yes I know. Changing to variety helps a bit causing less repeats.

6. CaptainZero macrumors newbie

It is SO painful. I tried to 'like' songs on one station, and it wouldn't stop playing those songs. I quit doing that for other stations, and even set it to play deep cuts, but it just plays the same songs over, and over. Great idea, but it shouldn't be this bad.

7. whsbuss thread starter macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Maybe the reported Apple/Beats buyout will change things.

8. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

This is apples first attempt at something. I'm sure it will get better. That being said, I find no problems with it in my use.

9. invisiblegt macrumors member

Quite frankly, I'm hoping for something a bit more akin to Spotify. The ability to add any songs to any playlist, and then listen to them for free on shuffle. I don't purchase many tracks individually, but I find myself purchasing a lot more now than I used to because of Spotify. I'll add a song, and listen to it for a few days on shuffle, and find myself wanting the ability to listen to it whenever I please. So I'll head over to itunes, and buy it.

Were Apple to make their radio something along those lines, it'd be a much more seamless experience for me.

10. whsbuss thread starter macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I totally agree. I wanted to get iTunes Match but held off. Then Spotify but still waiting to see now what Apple/Beats do going forward.