Itunes radio tunning madness

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aicul, Oct 20, 2011.

1. aicul macrumors 6502a

Since itunes 10.5 i have a radio tunning error message.

I have a stand alone old mac that is not connected to the web i use as a jukebox.

Services such as store, apps, etc and RADIO are all deactivated.

However, since 10.5, itunes seems to insist in looking for "radio tuning service" and issues an error message suggesting i check my internet connection.

Any ideas how i can tell itunes to stop this?

2. aicul thread starter macrumors 6502a

So i tested further.

Seems the problem appears when I use the new iPhone app "remote".

This seems to trigger the radio tuning search, which also implies the remote app is asking itunes on the imac for a service it should not provide because it is disabled in parental controls.

Anyone observed this also ?

3. aicul thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Hey, I was wondering if you found a solution to this?

I started getting this problem last night, no internet connection... setup a 'adhoc network' joined this on my iPhone and started to use iTunes Remote on my iPhone.

Every 4 or 5 minutes I would get this error, very annoying as you can only clear it by getting up to my laptop (plugged into the TV) and pressing Ok

Thanks,

Gary.

P.S. I did read somewhere about going into iTunes and 'forgetting paired remotes' but mine isn't even showing up there!

5. aicul thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, I have not found an alternative to this except, "don't use the remote on the iPhone".

In my eyes this problem is a development blunder. I say this because if I "deactivate" radio as a "parental control" in iTunes, then the remote in the iPhone that talks to this iTunes should reflect this and not request the information that it will not use.

:apple: I'm actually waiting to see how quickly Apple fixes this, underlying their interest to really have a serious parental control framework, and not just the provision of toggle buttons in the preferences screen.