iTunes Random Pausing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Xavier, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Xavier macrumors 68020

I have noticed that iTunes will randomly pause a song.

I can be playing music and then switch to browsing the internet and all of the sudden my music will stop as if i had hit the pause button (but I haven't, and i haven't hit my 2-key key command for pausing in other applications.

Anyone know anything about this problem, or is anyone else having this problem?

Its simple to fix, just press play again, but it is VERY annoying.

2. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

This happened to me once and it drove me crazy, turned out it was my friend on the other side of the room with the Apple remote pressing the pause button.

Check you're not sitting on it? Or have a friend in the room pressing the button for that matter.

3. Xavier thread starter macrumors 68020

Nope, nothing to do with the Apple remote as I have linked mine, and only mine to work with my computer. (and i can see it just sitting there not doing anything)

The random pausing is very annoying, I dont know how to fix it :/

4. marcre macrumors regular

marcre

Mine does this as well. I was starting to think it was connected to my mouse scroll ball. I'm not sure though. Anyway, if you figure it out, let me know. I'm going to keep on trying to figure it out as well.

5. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

6. SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

I've had that happen several times over the years. Still not really sure why.

7. noshortcuts macrumors newbie

Ipod Classic pauses randomly too....

I assume this is a seperate issue (hardware vs. software) but I'm not sure. My Ipod 160gb randomly pauses and resumes play after 2-3 seconds. This happens randomly at anywhere from 20 minute to 80 minute intervals. Very annoying. I have found a lot of complaints of the same thing with 80gb and 160gb Ipods, but no resolutions. I may bring mine in and ask for a replacement under warranty.