iTunes re-copies same 139 files after every music transfer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gowanis, Jul 24, 2016.

1. gowanis macrumors 6502

I manually manage my files. Never sync.

Every time I copy a new album to my device, it completes, and then iTunes copies (or says its copying) 139 random songs. This happens after every new add to the iPhone.

Looking for suggestions to fix this.

2. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

3. gowanis thread starter macrumors 6502

They are random in the sense that they are not from the same artist or album, but rather a sampling of files from across my rather large library. However, it is the same 139 each time.

What does erase and restore mean exactly. You mean remove all my music from my iPhone and re-copy ?

4. steve23094, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016

steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

If I were you I would probably try in the order of which is quickest. So...

Try the method in the link first, it's quick and you don't have to copy anything back to your phone.

If that doesn't work try erasing all your music from your phone by Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage > Music > Edit and then delete all songs. You will have to copy your music back to your iPhone.

Third option. Backup your phone to iTunes. Then try a whole phone erase when you're plugged into iTunes, then restore it off the backup you just made. In this case you might end up restoring corruption from your backup.

The final option which would take the longest is completely erase your iPhone. Don't restore from backup and just set it up as if it was a brand new phone. You will have to re-enter all your personal settings, re-copy your music, everything.

As a last resort the final option should work but it's a pain in the backside.