iTunes: Re-organizing Podcast Episodes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Azmodon, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Azmodon macrumors member

Perhaps there is another way to do this, but, well, I'll start from the top.

I'm subscribed to the Animated New Yorker Cartoons podcast and, while I love it, I have noticed that a lot of the "new" episodes are actually repeated old ones. I want to delete these doubles from my harddrive, as space is rapidly becoming an issue as I find more and more great podcasts on iTunes. However, unlike the library of songs that I have, I can't just simple click the "name" column to have each episode re-arranged by name so I can scout for duplicates. Is there any way to do this, even just as a display feature so I can find the doubles and kill them dead?

Or is there a much simpler, more graceful way of doing this clean-up? o_O

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

The only thing I can really think of would be to convert the podcast files to MP3 (or AAC or whatever). This would take them out of the "podcasts" section and drop them in the "music" section (or you could rename the extension from .m4a to .m4b and they'll go in "Audiobooks").

I did this with a podcast that went off the air, so I wanted un subscribe from the feed, but not lose the episodes. Now they're regular old MP3s in my music section and I can manipulate them in anyway I want.