iTunes, rearranging within album

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pickoff, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Pickoff macrumors member

Hey all-

I have been having a strange problem with iTunes recently.

A screenshot is attached. I want to be able to view all my albums, sorted by artist (which then sorts by albums) to view these songs in the correct order. I have done everything I think I can to change song info yet there is still #11 hanging on the top there. Essentially, iTunes does not seem to be connecting the track numbers with the album itself. Anyone know how to fix this? It would be a big help!

Attached Files:

2. rat tat tat macrumors newbie

If you go into the song info of that particular music file, make sure you label the track number (ex. 1 of 11, 2 of 11, etc.). I hope that helps.

3. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

That song probably has something different in the Artist, Album Artist, Album, or possibly the Year and 11 of xx tagboxes. I fix my albums like that by making sure that all of those boxes are identical. I'll also generally update the art for all tracks by dragging in a nice big cover into the coverbox on the multiple item selection info changer. Change all tracks at once, no sense in doing it the hard way. Make sure the album artist box is checked so it goes blank or fills in what you want there. That one is annoying sometimes.