itunes receipt

vipermo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2013
LonDon
Hello all i wonder if anyone here can help me I'm moving from gmail to iCloud for everything.
iv got mail forwarding from gmail to iCloud with the intention of in the next month stopping gmail altogether.

how can i get the iTunes receipt sent to my @me / @icloud email and not gmail.

glenthompson

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2011
Florida
Hello all i wonder if anyone here can help me I'm moving from gmail to iCloud for everything.
iv got mail forwarding from gmail to iCloud with the intention of in the next month stopping gmail altogether.

Go to appleid.apple.com and change the primary email address for your appleid.

BasicGreatGuy

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.

I don't believe you can. The email address associated with your Apple ID is the one that the receipt will be sent to. You would have to create a new Apple ID, if you want to move away from gmail. And if you do, whatever purchases you made under the old Apple ID will not carry over to the new Apple ID.

vipermo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2013
LonDon
I don't believe you can. The email address associated with your Apple ID is the one that the receipt will be sent to. You would have to create a new Apple ID, if you want to move away from gmail. And if you do, whatever purchases you made under the old Apple ID will not carry over to the new Apple ID.
Ohh thanks for the reply guys such a shame keeping gmail just for iTunes receipts..

MacTCE

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2013
Upstate NY
When I called iTunes support to try and change me iTunes account username the CS person I spoke to set it up for me. It was awhile ago so I can't recall how he did it.