iTunes recognizes iphone but windows doesn't...?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GlassBullet, Nov 2, 2009.

1. GlassBullet macrumors regular

GlassBullet

So when I plug in my iphone 3GS (JB'd on 3.1.2 with blackra1n) to my computer (running vista) it shows up in itunes, but not under "computer" like a camera or something would. This happened before upgrading to 3.1.2 also, but it showed up when I first got the phone. I've tried restoring but that doesn't fix the problem. And it's not that it only doesn't work when it's jailbroken.

I think it started when I upgraded to 3.1, then did the downgrade trick by redirecting to saurik's server for the ECID.

When I plug it in, a little status thing in the bottom right of my screen says "searching for preconfigured device drivers" or something and then every time it fails.

What would you recommend me do to try to fix this.

2. Acronym macrumors 68000

did a bit of searching and found this main page where this information is from

hope that helps

3. GlassBullet thread starter macrumors regular

GlassBullet

I tired all that and it still doesn't work. The "usbappl.sys" driver is present in the drivers and inf folder, and the Apple Mobile Device Support is on. When I look at services and go to the Universal Serial Bus controls, my phone isn't listed there, neither Apple Mobile Device nor Apple iPhone. I've also tried removing itunes and reinstalling it. Any other suggestions?

ADDITION:
    When the little status thing comes up when it tried to install the driver it says "searching preconfigured driver folder..." and then it says "failed" after a couple seconds. Maybe the phone is searching for a different driver to use?

4. GlassBullet thread starter macrumors regular

GlassBullet

oh wow. i was naming the driver "usbappl.sys" not "usbaapl.sys". 2 p's instead of 2 a's. i'll see if that works. and i found the iphone in the device manager, it was just in a different place

5. Caravelle macrumors newbie

For those of you that lost the connectivity between windows Vista and the Iphone but Itunes continue to recognize the Iphone here is a solution that maybe will work for you

check the drivers in Device Manager under Portable Devices/ Digital camera or Iphone

"NOT THE DRIVERS IN Universal Serial Bus Controllers"

you should have 6 drivers installed

c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\UMDF\WpsMlpDr.dll
    c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\WdpUsb.sys
    c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\WUDFRd.sys
    c:\windows\system32\WpdConns.dll
    c:\windows\system32\WpdMtp.dll
    c:\windows\system32\WpdMtpUS.dll

if you have another driver installed un-installed

Reboot
    Connect the Iphone
    Itunes should work and recognize the Iphone and you should see your Iphone as and external device under Computer :)