iTunes recovery of songs.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scott-Eh, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Scott-Eh macrumors newbie

Hi there, a while back I downloaded a few songs directly to my Touch then shortly after that it had a spaz and decided to delete half of my music itself, including these purchased songs.

Anyway, I hadn't transferred them to my PC and when I go to redownload the songs on my iPod it says I've already purchased them but then asks if I'd like to "buy" it again. On the PC it doesn't say anything about how I've already purchased them and instead says that my account will be debited. 'cause of that I've been apprehensive to press the purchase/buy button as I don't really want to waste $1.29 on purchasing a song I already own.

So I want to ask how do I get these songs back, do I just press buy and my account won't be debited? Or is there another process in which to recover songs?

I've done a quick search but couldn't find anything specifically relevant, so sorry if I've blatantly missed something.

Thanks.

2. pilotrtc macrumors regular

I'm not sure this would be the same but...

When I download an app that I've previously "purchased" but since deleted, I'm asked to enter my password and just before the download, a dialog comes up and says I won't be charged again because it had been previously "purchased".

I've done this directly on the iPod and only with free apps.