iTunes & redsn0w not recognising iPhone 4 after attempted restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ceruleus, Aug 5, 2013.

1. ceruleus macrumors newbie

Hi there - I rely on my iPhone for all my internet access (writing this in a cafe) so I'd be extremely grateful to anyone who can help with this problem in any way.

A couple of days ago I tried to install some tweaks to my iPhone 4 via Cydia. This caused my phone to crash and I eventually decided to do a full restore. I put the phone in Pwned DFU mode via Redsn0w and then tried to restore. Unfortunately the restore didn't complete in iTunes, so I once again put the phone in DFU mode to try again. At this point I broke off, and on returning to the phone found that neither Redsn0w or iTunes was recognising it at all anymore. :(

So far I've tried reinstalling iTunes, reinstalling my USB hardware and forcing the phone back into DFU mode with Tinyumbrella. Nothing seems to work and the phone screen remains blank. I can't understand what could be wrong as seemingly nothing happened between the phone successfully entering DFU mode the first couple of times and now nothing registering at all. Is there anything I can do that I haven't already tried? Many thanks.

2. ceruleus thread starter macrumors newbie

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Try a different computer
    Make sure you are using an Apple USB cable

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Tried exit recovery in redsn0w or TinyUmbrella?

Did you hard reset?

5. ceruleus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'm going to try to see if a friend's laptop recognises it this weekend. I've contacted one repair place but they were going to charge £40 to look at it and I'm skeptical.

6. KingShoot007 macrumors member

If you are using iOS 6 you cant restore with redns0w.It hasnt been updated to fully suport iOS 6

7. ceruleus thread starter macrumors newbie

That's bad news, but thanks for letting me know. Does anyone know of any alternatives?

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero