iTunes Refunds?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JamesFoote, Aug 12, 2008.

1. JamesFoote macrumors regular

JamesFoote

I bought "The Bank Job" by accident so I told Apple about it. Do you think they will be kind enough to give me a refund?

PS: The movie was 20 dollars!

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

They gave I Am Rich accidental downloaders a refund. Anything is possible.

3. elmateo487 macrumors 6502a

I think they had more leverage. On one hand public humility to a company for allowing such things. On this hand 20 dollars for a mistake that no one will no about, or care about except for you.

I don't think they will refund you. but why not try!

4. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I think if there are circumstances that contributed to the mistake, Apple will take care of you. For instance, I accidentally downloaded an episode of Raines since it was the Free Download of the week. Only they failed to update the actual download page and I hadn't noticed that it wasn't free until after I hit the Buy button.

I contacted them through iTunes and they issued me a credit good for "1 Video". I still haven't used it. I'm actually tempted to try and buy a $10 movie to see if the "1 Video" credit can be used against it. Or maybe a $10 PBS TV Show since that's more in line with a "video" as opposed to a "movie".

In your case, maybe you could tell them that you bought the wrong movie (maybe you wanted the Italian Job or something), or that you hit the wrong button (you wanted to preview, not buy).

Can't hurt to ask.

ft

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

They're pretty flexible with refunds. I've reported a lot of problems to them and they almost always issue me a refund. If you have a legitimate concern, they'll almost always help you out.

6. Jordanonmyfeet macrumors newbie

i messed up twice like this. the first time they helped me, then the second time they said they wouldn't help twice because it was against their policy.

good luck