iTunes reinstalls app after I delete it from my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jweaver, Oct 12, 2011.

1. jweaver macrumors member

I have always observed the following behavour.

1. My iPad has an App
    2. Its sync'd with iTunes, which means that its in my App list, and shown 'ticked' in the App Tab
    3. I then delete the App from my iPad
    4. I resync, and it re-installs

The reason for this is that when I delete the App, it still stays 'ticked' in my App List.. I always assumed this was normal (bad but normal) and over the last few days I have had a nightmare as I have run out of space, and have been deleting stuff, only to find that it gets re-added.

I just had a conversation with my colleagues and they disagreed that this was the normal behavour and after a few tests its seems that they are right.

On their iPad/iTunes setups, when they delete an app, the next time they sync, the app gets un-ticked in the app list and never re-installs.. But on mine, the app doesn't get automatically un-ticked.

Clearly something is wrong with my setup, but I can't work out what it could be..

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Jon

2. Ashwood11, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I agree that the behavior is not the "norm" but I'm not aware of the solution.

I looked at my settings in iTunes. Under the Apps tab there are two settings. The first at the top is a check box "Sync". The second is at the bottom and is a check box "Automatically sync all new apps". On mine the first is checked, the second is not. You might want to check the setting used by your colleagues.