itunes rejecting my new CD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tenhead, Oct 20, 2010.

1. tenhead macrumors regular

just bought a new Kings of Leon cd and tried to load it in to itunes but it keeps ejecting out the CD ! I put other cd in and it works fine. How do I fix it?

2. tenhead thread starter macrumors regular

Actually i should said that my MBP keeps rejecting my Kings Of Leon cd. The cd plays fine in my car but I can't load it in itunes if it keeps ejecting it. So lame. Is there some kind of protection on the cd? I bought it. Other cd didn't have any problem. Should I take my MBP to the store? I was gonna buy it from itunes store but i want a cd in my car for listening.
    any suggestion? Please. Thank you.

3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

If you can, try the CD in a different computer.

Many CD's do have some files located in a data CD filesystem which can be auto-read upon insertion. There could be something on the CD that's causing that, and if that's the case it might happen in other computers as well.

4. tenhead thread starter macrumors regular

ok I'll try that. But it still sucks that i can't load it in to my own itunes because I wanted to sync it to my iphone. Maybe I should just return the cd to bestbuy then buy it off itunes and burn a copy for my car. Still have to buy some blank cd.
    So you don't think it's my MBP problem?

5. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Not necessarily.

There's a saying, "Nothing happens until it happens twice." If the CD fails to work in your MBP but works in other computers, then I'd look at the MBP. If it doesn't work in any computer, I'd say it's the CD, or the programming on it.

6. tenhead thread starter macrumors regular

Oh I see. Well, I'll try it on my aunt's iMac after work today. Thanks for the help.

7. tenhead thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I tried it with the HP at work and it reads the cd. Hmm...:eek: