iTunes rejects Credit Card

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RatHat, Apr 22, 2013.

1. RatHat macrumors member

Before I bought a new iMac, I used my credit card with iTunes store without problem.

When I bought a new 27" and migrated all my apps and setting across to the new machine, iTunes store rejected the same card (the same one I bought the iMac with).

Now, I am a UK citizen living in Indonesia, with a card from a bank in Cyprus (not a millionaire with problems with Cypriot banks by the way), so it is a bit complicated.

I contacted iTunes support and got the runaround and standard stock answers such as:
    • You need to make sure the address on the card is the same as your home address
    • You need to use a card from the country you live in
    • You should buy iTunes gift cards

As an expat, I cannot get a credit card in Indonesia, my card billing address is the same as my Indonesian address, and you cannot buy gift cards in Indonesia.

So all together, no help and no resolution. I still cannot use the same card I used previously with the old iMac,

My questions are:
    • Has anyone else had similar problems?
    • Have you been able to resolve them, and if so how?

To say that I am a bit annoyed with the iTunes store support is an understatement. I found the use of copy paste standard answers to be extremely annoying and unhelpful.

I hope that Apple read this forum and take note, as the only resolution I have been able to find is torrents.

2. bruceisbister macrumors newbie

Credit Card Rejection

You ask has anyone else had similar credit card rejection ...

Yes. I also spend time in different countries living between Australia and New Zealand. I have Oz CC. My bank in NZ has debit cards, not credit.

I have homes in both countries and currently in NZ. I;m here to go mountain climbing and geocaching. I want a program called i Caching to run across my iPhone, iPad and MacBook Air. Simple stuff except Apple demands I use something I don't have - A NZ CC.

Maddening

3. RatHat thread starter macrumors member

Good advice!